Access/Industry Links and Information
Funding, Benefits, Industry and Support Links
The Easter Seal Society – (800) 668-6525
Financial Assistance Program for Children – Provide financial assistance of up to $3 000 per year, per child to help purchase essential mobility equipment such as wheelchair, walkers, ramps or lifts.
The MS Society offers a variety of programs to help people affected by multiple sclerosis effectively manage and cope with the disease. MS can be quite challenging at times, but through the support offered by the MS Society, no one has to face these challenges on their own.
Muscular Dystrophy Association of Canada – (866) 687-2538
Muscular Dystrophy Canada delivers a variety of programs within 5 key areas of service: Education; Information; Advocacy; Support; and Equipment.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation – www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca
Ontario Canada, Financial assistance to allow homeowners and landlords to pay for modifications to make their property more accessible to persons with disabilities.
Financial assistance for minor home adaptations that will help low-income seniors to continue to perform daily activities in their home independently and safely.
The Ontario March of Dimes enables people with physical disabilities to participate more fully in community life, by providing them with the tools they need to enhance their independence.
Programs and services include:
- March of Dimes Assistive Devices Program (Not associate with the Ontario Government Assistive Devices Program)
- DesignAbility® Program
- Home & Vehicle Modification® Program
- Barrier-Free Design Consultation
Veteran’s Affairs is a program provided by the Canadian federal government to provide products and services to Military Veterans and their families. They have many, many programs which may be of assistance.
President’s Choice® Children’s Charity helps kids through grants for nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack programs and provides support for families to care for their child with a disability and make their life easier.
Automotive Manufacturer’s Mobility Programs – Canada
- Ford Mobility Program (Ford & Lincoln)
- General Motors Mobility Program (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC & Cadillac)
- Chrysler Automobility Program – call 800-265-6908 or 313-916-9448 (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep & RAM Trucks)
- Volkswagen Mobility Program
- Toyota Mobility Program (Toyota, Scion & Lexus)
- Honda Mobility Program (Honda & Acura)